Facebook 天價迎娶 WhatsApp 進門,強化行動網路通訊 | 相關事件 | Benjamin Lai

Facebook 作為目前全球最大的社群網站,向來都致力於在各項社群服務上的進步,早年曾以 10 億美元收購 Instagram 以改善照片服務內容,Instagram 是自成一格的相片類社群網絡,與 Facebook 之間的性質有些不同,雖然 Facebook 的相片服務在收購 Instagram 後,確實比以前來得更好用,但是 Instagram 如今看起來是不如以往那麼厲害了。不過更讓人吃驚的是,Facebook 今天以 190 億美元(約合新台幣 5,756 億元,台灣高鐵的興建成本僅約 4,600 億元)的超高天價收購了行動通訊軟體 WhatsApp!

WhatsApp 是目前使用人數最多,同時也橫跨多數主要平台的行動通訊軟體,可以想見,Facebook 一直致力于改善 Facebook Message 的通訊服務,但是使用人數方面始終輸給其他同類型的行動通訊軟體,包括 Skype、WeChat、以及 LINE 等,而 WhatsApp 是其中使用人數最多、橫跨使用平台最全面的一個。

Facebook 收購 Whats App 此舉無疑拿下最多人使用的行動通訊軟體的寶座,加上自身擁有的最大社群網站的雙塔優勢,肯定會形成一個橫跨桌面、行動網路的最大平台,對於全球網路市場想必能形成一股強大的影響力。

圖 1:Facebook 創辦人 Mark Zuckerberg 也在臉書上發表相關訊息

Facebook 創辦人 Mark Zuckerberg 也在臉書上公佈了這項收購訊息,全文如下:
我很高興地宣布,我們已經同意收購 WhatsApp,他們整個團隊將加盟我們 Facebook。
I’m excited to announce that we’ve agreed to acquire WhatsApp and that their entire team will be joining us at Facebook.

我們的使命是讓世界更加開放和連接。為此,我們建構的服務幫助人們分享任何資訊給任何他們想要分享的人。WhatsApp 也會幫助我們做到這一點,並繼續發展世界各地的人們喜歡每天使用的服務。
Our mission is to make the world more open and connected. We do this by building services that help people share any type of content with any group of people they want. WhatsApp will help us do this by continuing to develop a service that people around the world love to use every day.

WhatsApp 是個簡單、快速和可靠的行動通訊服務,在所有主要的行動平台上擁有超過四億五千萬名使用者。每天都有超過一百萬人使用 WhatsApp 傳訊,更連接了十億人。越來越多的人依靠 WhatsApp 進行通訊。
WhatsApp is a simple, fast and reliable mobile messaging service that is used by over 450 million people on every major mobile platform. More than 1 million people sign up for WhatsApp every day and it is on its way to connecting one billion people. More and more people rely on WhatsApp to communicate with all of their contacts every day.

WhatsApp 也會繼續在 Facebook 裡獨立運作。該產品的未來將保持不變,團隊也還在山景城工作。在接下來的幾年裡,我們將努力幫助 WhatsApp 成長和聯結整個世界。我們也期望 WhatsApp 會幫助我們在 Internet.org 共同努力 ,我們合作、幫助所有人都能用得起網際網路。
WhatsApp will continue to operate independently within Facebook. The product roadmap will remain unchanged and the team is going to stay in Mountain View. Over the next few years, we're going to work hard to help WhatsApp grow and connect the whole world. We also expect that WhatsApp will add to our efforts for Internet.org, our partnership to make basic internet services affordable for everyone. 

WhatsApp 也會填補我們現有的聊天和簡訊服務的部分。 Facebook 手機即時通被廣泛用於與你的 Facebook 朋友聊天, WhatsApp 則能與您所有的聯絡人和小團體的人進行溝通。由於 WhatsApp 主要提供簡訊類型的服務,與 Facebook 不同,並且包括重要的用途,我們將繼續投資於兩者,使他們每個都成為偉大的產品。
WhatsApp will complement our existing chat and messaging services to provide new tools for our community. Facebook Messenger is widely used for chatting with your Facebook friends, and WhatsApp for communicating with all of your contacts and small groups of people. Since WhatsApp and Messenger serve such different and important uses, we will continue investing in both and making them each great products for everyone.

WhatsApp 其實能選擇世界上任何的人進行合作,所以我很高興他們最終選擇與我們合作。我期待 Facebook 和 WhatsApp 可以一起做些什麼,並開發嶄新且偉大的行動服務,讓人們更能相互緊密聯結。
WhatsApp had every option in the world, so I’m thrilled that they chose to work with us. I’m looking forward to what Facebook and WhatsApp can do together, and to developing great new mobile services that give people even more options for connecting.

我從很久以前就認識 Jan(WhatsApp CEO)了,我知道我們都有共同的願景,使這個世界更加開放和聯結。我感到特別高興的是,Jan 已同意加入 Facebook 的董事會和合作夥伴,與我一同塑造 Facebook 以及 WhatsApp 的未來。
I've also known Jan for a long time, and I know that we both share the vision of making the world more open and connected. I'm particularly happy that Jan has agreed to join the Facebook board and partner with me to shape Facebook's future as well as WhatsApp's.

Jan 和 WhatsApp 的團隊已完成這個驚人的成就,聯結了近五億的人口。我迫不及待希望他們趕快加入 Facebook,幫助我們聯結全世界。
Jan and the WhatsApp team have done some amazing work to connect almost half a billion people. I can’t wait for them to join Facebook and help us connect the rest of the world.
從上述的內容可以知道,未來 WhatsApp 將與 Instagram 一樣成為一個獨立的服務項目,而不是從此被消滅,但是 Mark Zuckerberg 也將計劃與 Jan 共同合作,結合雙方服務的優點,推出未來可行的新形態的服務項目,這些都值得期待(只要不要把 Facebook 搞得更難用就好!)

iPhone 粉絲同好社團 - 審查制
Facebook Group · Member Only
 Join Group 

我要留言